So you have your results from 23 and Me and want to know how to apply them to your health?
This website is a great place to start! Free information. Evidence-based with links to the research studies.
Here you can learn about the types of foods that interact with your gene:
- Should I drink a lot of milk?
- How well does my body handle alcohol?
- Am I likely to build up iron?
- Is saturated fat a problem for me with high blood pressure?
You can also learn about weight loss by looking at the genetic variants you carry that are linked to obesity:
- How to optimize your diet for weight loss based on your genes.
- Do you carry the ‘fatso’ gene?
- Always hungry? Perhaps it is the MC4R genetic variant?
Wondering about your risk for certain diseases?
- Check your genes to see if you carry the APOE4 allele that is linked to Alzheimer’s.
- See if your genes can shed light on your diabetes risk.
- Everyone should check to see if they carry the silent heart disease Lp(a) variant!
Your genes play a huge role in how well you detoxify everything from medications to pollutants:
- BPA affects some people more than others.
- Are you more at risk from phthalates?
- Read through my huge section on phase I and phase II detoxification genes.
View the Complete Site Map for a full overview of this website.