Here’s why I think you should join today
(But it’s totally up to you!):
- Accuracy and reliability:
Up-to-date scientific research, backed by multiple studies
- Easy to understand:
See your genetic data in 300+ Genotype Reports within the detailed articles that explain them so that you can understand it. Focus quickly on what’s important with 20 topic summary overviews
- No additional testing:
Use your raw data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA, MyHeritage, and similar.
The goal is to make Genetic Lifehacks accessible to everyone, regardless of financial background.
- Privacy and data security:
Your data stays on your own computer. This is the ONLY genetics site giving you reports without transferring or storing your private genetic data.
- Personalized recommendations:
Members have full access to the research-based solutions in the Lifehacks sections.
- Regular updates:
New articles and reports each month, courses to further explain concepts, plus an information-packed email newsletter.
Choose Your Membership Plan:
- An affordable option for reading a few articles
- Full access to all articles
- Genotype reports in articles
- Summary reports
- Take your time to understand, apply, and optimize using the personalized solutions from 300+ articles
- Genotype reports in articles
- Summary reports
- Create unlimited printable reports for clients or family members
- PRO learning resources
- List your services in the PRO directory
What members are saying about Genetic Lifehacks …
After using many sites to explore my genome, I finally found this site. What I love about it is that it doesn’t dumb things down and it does provide a plethora of useful information about achieving wellness.Rhionna M
It is well-worth a subscription so that you can see the relevance of your own genetic variants in the context of the article, as well as the-life hacks section for members.Natalie W
I spend hours on this website. It has educated me on how my body works with my specific genetic makeup. I cannot imagine how much hard work has gone into making all of this information available. Thanks so much.Stephanie B
|Member Benefits:||Monthly||Annual||PRO |
|See your genotype in every article||✔||✔||✔|
|View the member’s only sections of articles||✔||✔||✔|
|Create unlimited summary reports for your own genetic data||✔||✔||✔|
|Create unlimited summary reports for clients or family||✔|
|Weekly email newsletter||✔||✔||✔|
|Privacy! Genetic data is stored on your own computer||✔||✔||✔|
|No advertisements; no trackers||✔||✔||✔|
|Member-specific support email||✔||✔||✔|
|Courses on genetics topics||✔||✔||✔|
|Priority email support, pro questions answered||✔|
|PRO Learning resources with example case scenarios||✔|
|Printable client resources||✔|
|Listing in PRO practitioner directory (optional)||✔|
✓ Easily see YOUR genotypes right in every article.
- This will save you a ton of time!
✓ Privacy First
- Reports are rendered in your browser.
- Your genetic data is not transmitted to or stored on Genetic Lifehacks! Your genetic raw data stays locally on your computer.
✓ Ad Free with No Financial Bias
- No ads tracking your every page view.
- User data is not being collected to be sold as an asset. (This is so important – and different than other genetic companies!)
- Genetic Lifehacks is completely independent. No investors or sponsors to answer to, and no advertising or supplement brands to sell. 100% member supported.
✓ Summary Reports quickly show you which articles to read
- With over 350 articles and 1700 genetic variants, the summary reports are an essential feature for seeing which articles apply.
- Print or save as a PDF to refer back to later.
✓ Read the complete Lifehacks sections of all articles
- Access the Members sections of articles with supplement information and detailed, personalized solutions.
✓ Get the awesome newsletter each week
- Once a week, a quick and feature-packed update arrives in your inbox. Learn about new research and explore featured topics.
✓ PRO Memberships
- Created with health practitioners, nutritionists, health coaches — or the family health manager — in mind.
- Easily create printable .pdf topic reports for clients or family members. Customize the reports with a notes section so that you can highlight what is important or add recommendations for your clients.
- PRO Learning resources are designed to help you quickly understand what’s important in genetic data.
- Find out more about PRO membership features.
Frequently Asked Questions:
** Q. How does Genetic Lifehacks keep my data more secure than other companies?
A. Genetic Lifehacks reports and enhanced article features are created ‘browser side’. Your data stays only on your computer, seen only by you, and not stored online.
On other genetics websites, you have to upload your data to be stored on their server and allow the company to save, use, and view your genetic data. While it may be convenient, there is a risk to your personal data when it is uploaded to the internet.
All genetics companies say that they care about your privacy… But when you read through their policies, you will often get a different picture.
Here’s the secret no one is talking about:
Many companies are compiling your genetic data plus health lab information to use as an asset, selling it when the company gets bought out by a tech giant.
Q. How are the topic reports created since I’m not uploading my data?
A. When you log in as a member, you can connect to your raw genetic data file on your hard drive.
The data is read into a temp file in your browser, sorting out your genotypes and showing your information in the reports and the enhanced articles. Nothing is transmitted across the internet – these actions all happen privately on your computer.
Our goal at Genetic Lifehacks’ is to protect your privacy. In other words, you control your data (literally) and don’t rely on an online server for its protection.
Please only use the member’s features on a trusted home computer. Don’t load your genetic data onto a public computer.
Q. Why a membership model instead of just selling ads?
A. Advertisers track users from one website to another to build detailed profiles of content interactions that can be sold. When it comes to private health issues and genetics, the last thing you want is to be tracked and profiled.
The membership model keeps Genetic Lifehacks free of ads and financial bias. Plus, it means that our goal is to meet the needs of members rather than selling ads.
Q. Which raw data file types and browsers are supported?
The topics summary reports and interactive features for members work well with most modern browsers, such as Chrome, Brave, Safari, and Firefox. Unfortunately, the reports will not work with Internet Explorer.
- 23andMe and AncestryDNA v2 .txt files work well for the summary reports.
- Data files in a similar format, such as from Sequencing.com, SelfDecode, or 24genetics, should also work.
- MyHeritage and TellMeGen files also work.
You are welcome to contact us with specific questions, or if you join and find that the data file you have doesn’t work, just contact us within a week for a full refund.
The genotype section in each article indicates whether the data is available on 23andMe versions 4 or 5 or on AncestryDNA v.2 data. Most of the SNPs listed for 23andMe v4 are also found in the 23andMe v3 data.
Q. How are the member’s sections of articles beneficial?
The member’s sections give further details on lifehacks and research on supplements. It also includes a visual overview of your data that is easy to print. The member sections offer additional value for your membership since they contain detailed and referenced solutions you can experiment with or discuss with your doctor.
Q. Can I sign my kids up? or use their data?
Genetic Lifehacks articles and genetics research summaries are written for adults, not kids.
Simply put, almost all of the research studies on genetics are conducted with adult study participants. Kids can be physiologically different than adults at different ages, and without genetics studies specific to kids, we simply can’t know for sure that the genetic variants apply in the same way.
Feel free to Contact Us with any questions before signing up.
My goal is to have delighted members who receive a substantial benefit from their membership!
If you aren’t happy with your membership, contact us within a week for a refund.