My goal is to show you how to use your genetic raw data:
- Learn how your genes impact your physical and mental health
- Explore evidence-based solutions that may work for your genes
- Apply current health and genetics research
Over 300+ articles explaining genetics, health, longevity, and optimization
Join today to access Member’s only articles, see your genetic data in each article, and view topic summary reports. Member support keeps Genetic Lifehacks free of advertising and focused on privacy.
Recent articles explaining health, genetics, longevity, nutrition, and more
- Genetics, inflammatory cytokines, and recurrent miscarriageLearn about how genetic variants in certain inflammatory cytokines can increase or decrease the risk of recurrent miscarriage.
- Genetics and Ehlers-Danlos SyndromeA group of disorders of connective tissue, called Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes, causes changes in the way that collagen forms in the joints, ligaments, and skin. Explore the research on Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and the genetic mutations that cause some of the subtypes of the disorder.
- NLRP3 Inflammasome, Genetics, and Chronic InflammationWhat makes people more susceptible to inflammatory chronic diseases? The root of the over-activation of inflammation for some people could be the NLRP3 inflammasome.
- Depression, genetics, and mitochondrial functionHow does mitochondrial dysfunction relate to major depressive disorder? Learn about the causes of mitochondrial dysfunction as well as genetic variants that link the risk of depression to the mitochondria.
- Genetics and Food AllergiesDo you have a food allergy? Discover how the combination of environmental factors and genetic susceptibility can shape individual reactions.
- Coffee Consumption, Genetics, and PrediabetesDoes coffee increase or decrease your risk of prediabetes? Learn more about coffee consumption and your genetic risk. (Member’s article)
- Folate-rich recipes for MTHFRGetting enough folate in your diet? We’ve collected some simple nutritional tools and recipes to get you on track.
- Ashwagandha: Research backed benefits and side effectsAre there benefits to taking ashwagandha? Learn more about this supplement and where the newest clinical research shows promise and results.
- BHMT: Genetic Variants that Impact MethylationBHMT is involved in homocysteine methylation and impacts the methylation cycle. (Member’s article)
- MTHFR: How to check your data for C677T and A1298CCheck your 23andMe or AncestryDNA data for the MTHFR C677T and A1298C variants. Learn what the scientific research shows about MTHFR.
- COMT and supplement interactionsSome supplements interact with COMT variants to impact the rate at which neurotransmitters are broken down. Check your COMT genotype and discover how this may affect your reaction to different supplements or combinations of supplements.
- Arsenic detoxification and your genesArsenic exposure occurs via well water, in certain foods, and through breathing. This article covers the pathways the body uses to get rid of arsenic, and it includes information on genetic variants that may impair the detoxification of arsenic.
Hi! I’m Debbie Moon. Welcome to Genetic Lifehacks.
When I first had my genetic data sequenced, I was both amazed at the research available in academic journals and frustrated by the difficult language and disconnected topics.
Genetic Lifehacks began as a way to share what I was learning about genetics with my family and friends. My goal has always been to freely share information so that everyone can benefit.
As the website grew in popularity, I decided that I needed to know more… both more about genetics and more about how the pieces of the biological systems fit together. Since my undergraduate degree was in engineering, I went back to school and received my Master’s degree in Biological Sciences from Clemson University.
Now a full-time endeavor, Genetic Lifehacks has reached almost 2 million readers, equipping people to use their genetic data to optimize their health.
~ Debbie Moon, Founder of Genetic Lifehacks