Learn to use your genetic data:
Your genes make you unique. Utilize the information to optimize your health.
I’ll show you how to find solid solutions, based on your genes.
Explore by Topic:
Over 300 articles explaining genetics, health, longevity, and optimization:
Join today to access Member’s only articles, see your genetic data in each article, and view topic summary reports. Member support keeps Genetic Lifehacks free of advertising and focused on privacy.
- Depression Causes: Genetic OverviewDepression can have multiple physiological causes. This article ties together 9 separate articles on depression to simply your genetic search.
- Key Genes to check for AlcoholismAre there key genes to check for alcoholism? Learn more about the genetic connections to alcohol addiction and what research-backed treatment options are available.
- ANK3: Bipolar Disorder and Brain DevelopmentThe genetic variants in the ANK3 gene impact the risk of psychiatric disorders that include bipolar disorder and autism spectrum disorders, and heart arrhythmia. Discover how ANK3 impacts neuronal formation and transmission and how this ties into an increased risk of psychiatric disorders.
- L-theanine for anxiety: genetics and nature’s chill pillL-theanine is known for reducing anxiety and promoting sleep. Discover the many benefits of l-theanine and how supplementation might work for you.
- Raynaud’s: Causes, Symptoms, and GeneticsDo your fingertips turn white and blue when cold? Discover the causes and symptoms of Raynaud’s syndrome and your genetic susceptibility.
- Hypertension Risk Factor: CYP11B2 VariantHypertension risk can be modifiable in terms of diet and exercise however genetics can play a part in risk. Learn more about how the CYP11B2 variant can increase the risk of hypertension.
Hi! I’m Debbie Moon. Welcome to Genetic Lifehacks.
When I first had my genetic data sequenced, I was both amazed at the research available in academic journals and frustrated by the difficult language and disconnected topics.
Genetic Lifehacks began as a way to share what I was learning about genetics with my family and friends. My goal has always been to freely share information so that everyone can benefit.
As the website grew in popularity, I decided that I needed to know more… both more about genetics and more about how the pieces of the biological systems fit together. Since my undergraduate degree was in engineering, I went back to school and received my Master’s degree in Biological Sciences from Clemson University.
Now a full-time endeavor, Genetic Lifehacks has reached over 2 million readers, equipping people to use their genetic data to optimize their health.
~ Debbie Moon, Founder of Genetic Lifehacks