Learn to use your genetic data:
- Your genes make you unique.
- One-size-fits all advice works for the masses.
- Utilize genetics to optimize your health, personalized.
Save yourself time and money by pinpointing the lifestyle changes and supplements that will work best for you.
Genetic Lifehacks explains the science, the genetics, and research-backed solutions. You take that information, make educated decisions, and enhance your well-being.
Learn. Experiment. Optimize.
Explore by Topic:
Over 350 articles explaining genetics, health, longevity, and optimization:
Popular search terms:
Supported by Awesome Members!
While you can read and learn a lot for free here, membership has benefits!
- See your genetic data in each article
- View topic summary reports to see what applies to your genes
- Access Member’s only sections in articles
Member support keeps Genetic Lifehacks free of ads, without bias, and focused on privacy.
- Genetic Variant Linked to Side Effects from mRNA vaccinesWill you get side effects from mRNA vaccines? A genetic variant in the HLA-A gene might cause an increase in your response to the vaccine.
- HPA Axis Dysfunction: Cortisol and StressCortisol is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands in times of stress, and it also plays many roles in your normal bodily functions. It is a multi-purpose hormone that needs to be in the right amount (not too high, not too low) and at the right time. Your genes play a big role in how likely you are to have problems with cortisol.
- Always tired? Genetic reasons for fatigueAre you always tired even when you know you slept well? Discover more about the newest research on fatigue and how genetic susceptibility plays a part for some people.
- Asparagus Pee: Genes and Odor DetectionCan you smell asparagus in your pee? It is a smell that is inescapable, overwhelming, and unique. Right? Well, some people actually have no idea how pungent it can be.
- Genetic Causes of Male InfertilityAlmost 10% of couples worldwide struggle with infertility. Learn more about your genetic susceptibility and dig deeper into the lifestyle factors that could affect your sperm.
- Depression Causes: Genetic OverviewDepression can have multiple physiological causes. This article ties together 9 separate articles on depression to simply your genetic search.
- Key Genes to check for AlcoholismAre there key genes to check for alcoholism? Learn more about the genetic connections to alcohol addiction and what research-backed treatment options are available.
- ANK3: Bipolar Disorder and Brain DevelopmentThe genetic variants in the ANK3 gene impact the risk of psychiatric disorders that include bipolar disorder and autism spectrum disorders, and heart arrhythmia. Discover how ANK3 impacts neuronal formation and transmission and how this ties into an increased risk of psychiatric disorders.
Hi! I’m Debbie Moon. Welcome to Genetic Lifehacks.
When I first had my genetic data sequenced, I was both amazed at the research available in academic journals and frustrated by the difficult language and disconnected topics.
Genetic Lifehacks began as a way to share what I was learning about genetics with my family and friends. My goal has always been to freely share information so that everyone can benefit.
As the website grew in popularity, I decided that I needed to know more… both more about genetics and more about how the pieces of the biological systems fit together. Since my undergraduate degree was in engineering, I went back to school and received my Master’s degree in Biological Sciences from Clemson University.
Now a full-time endeavor, Genetic Lifehacks has reached over 2 million readers, equipping people to use their genetic data to optimize their health.
~ Debbie Moon, Founder of Genetic Lifehacks