What is Genetic Lifehacks all about?
- Explaining the science: The goal here at Genetic Lifehacks is to explain how your genes interact with your diet and lifestyle. Your genes make up the blueprint of who you are, and you can use your genetic data to find health solutions that are personalized for you.
- Evidence – with links: All of the articles here are fully referenced, with links taking you right to the peer-reviewed studies. You are encouraged to read through the research for yourself! It is essential to know where science-based information comes from.
- Lifehacks for application: None of this great science information will do you any good, though, without solutions. So each article contains a ‘Lifehacks’ section with research-based solutions that may work for your genes.
FAQ’s about Genetics
A quick reference to our most frequently asked questions on basic genetics, membership, and the privacy policies of GeneticLifehacks.com. Learn more here.
We also have a quick getting started overview for learning about your genes.
What is the best DNA test kit?
If you have decided to test your DNA, you may be overwhelmed by all of the choices available today. You can find our quick reference guide that compares the well-known companies that offer DNA testing here.
Overwhelmed by too much information?
Here are suggestions for interesting and fun articles to get you started:
- Should you drink milk?
- Is beta-carotene a good source of vitamin A for you?
- Coffee: Is it right for your genes?
- Snips about SNPs – a series of quick articles.
Organized by topic:
Dive in – find a topic that interests you – and start learning about how your genes influence nutrition, disease risk, traits, and more!
4-Day Getting Started Email Course:
Want to learn more about the basics of genes and what your genetic data can tell you? I have a free, 4-day email course on getting started with genes.
A quick tutorial on how to locate your genotypes when reading our articles. By following a few easy steps, you will quickly discover how to relate the articles and topics for your specific genes.