Melatonin Receptors and Shift Work:Let me throw a few quick studies at you about the impact of shift work / social jet lag:
- Solid research links shift work to an increased risk of cancer, specifically breast and prostate cancer [ref] [ref] [ref]
- Shift work increases the risk of being overweight[ref][ref] [ref]
- It also increases the risk that your children will be overweight[ref]
- Shift workers are at an increased risk for diabetes [ref][ref]
- It also increases the risk of Alzheimer's and dementia[ref]
You've reached the end of the Free Preview of this Member's Only Article.
Love what you're reading? Join as a Genetic Lifehacks member for full access to this article and more!
Already a member? Please log in below to read the rest of the article and view your genetic data.